ADR 1.3 INTRA-COMPANY Training
Scope of Training of persons involved in the transport of dangerous goods according to ADR Chapter 1.3 – Section 1.3.1. “Persons employed by the participants referred to in Chapter 1.4, whose duties concern the carriage of dangerous goods, shall be trained in the requirements governing the carriage of such goods appropriate to their responsabilities and duties. Employees shall be trained in accordance with 1.3.2 before assuming responsibilities and shall only perform functions, for which required training has not yet been provided, under the direct supervision of a trained person. Training requirements specific to security of dangerous goods in Chapter 1.10 . “
• Promoting security in logistics operations of dangerous goods with the staff members.
• Raise awareness of regulatory requirements for transporting hazardous materials.
• The structure and principles of ADR: total or partial exemptions, essential notions (group packaging and transport categories).
• Know the responsibilities and tasks of the various actors.
• Vehicle inspection before departure and reception.
• Driver training (Training ADR 1.3).
• The packaging of goods.
• Signage : placarding and orange plates.
• Documentation : transport documents and safety instructions.
• Roles and tasks of the security adviser.
• Liability and case law.
The training certificate is to be retained by the employer. ( Periodic renewal to reflect regulatory changes ).